- Privacy is very important to us.
- We won't share your personal information or project data with anyone except to comply with the law, develop and monitor our products, or protect our rights.
- You retain all rights to, and we respect the confidentiality of, all the project data you store on the Testpad service.
What we collect and store
- Web access data from visitors and signed-up users of testpad, including datestamps, cookie identifiers, IP addresses, user-agent header, referrer fields.
- Web session data and statistics as identified by HTTP cookies.
- Registration details volunteered to us at account sign-up and user sign-ups/invitations.
- The email addresses of those who communicate with us, and those who register for future product notifications.
- Survey data.
- Project data submitted to Testpad as part of the service, mainly consisting of test cases and test results.
What we use it for
- The running of the service, including identification, authentication and monitoring
- Deriving aggregated statistics and performance metrics.
- Maintenance, improvement and research into the improvement of the service.
If you are a registered user of Testpad, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with Testpad Limited and our products. We primarily use social media such as twitter and blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you have opted-out of receiving communications (newsletters and other relevant info), then we will only send you emails related to your use of the testpad service or to solicit your feedback.
What we will and won't disclose
We will never disclose personally identifying (or potentially personally identifying) information about you, or your project data, unless:
- it is to our employees, contractors or affliated organisations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Testpad Limited's behalf or to provide services available at Testpad Limited's websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Testpad Limited's websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
- we have your permission
- we are required to do so by law
- we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights of Testpad Limited, third parties or the public at large.
Testpad Limited will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone.
We may share with other organisations, or make public, aggregated anonymous data derived from our stored data or statistics.
If you send us a message or request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Such publication will not disclose personally-identifying information, unless such information is intrinsic to the medium (for example, including a twitter handle when re-tweeting on twitter).
Where data is stored
Testpad Limited uses the services of third party network and hosting providers to deliver the Testpad service. Currently these are mostly on the family of Amazon Web Services.
Payment method data
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor's computer, and that the visitor's browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. Testpad relies on cookies for the operation of its service, including to identify and track visitors, their usage of Testpad, and their website access preferences.
If Testpad Limited, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Testpad Limited goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Testpad Limited may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
24 August 2011 - Published.
17 November 2011 - Updated with payment data details.